Receiving fake or spam calls on a regular basis can prove to be very annoying and disturbing at the same time. This is one issue which seem to have escalated ever since mobile phones have come into the picture. People get random fake calls from anonymous users. What is more frustrating is the fact that despite having his number on your screen, you have no idea who that person might be. Apart from this, you can receive suspicious calls from frauds and people with mal intentions. Even then you don’t have any options available to trace the caller. Or is it? There is good news for you. These days, you can get hold of the details of a caller using people search. If you are wondering what it is all about, then it’s a service rendered by various websites, which allows you to search an individual using his phone number. It is also known as reverse phone lookup.
How can it help you?
If you are receiving spam calls on a regular basis, in that case, you would like to get hold of the person. This is where these websites come into the picture. All that you need to do is to key in the phone number that you are interested in and the search engine will pull up the records and all the relevant details associated with that particular number. Here are the details which you can get
- Name of the person whom the number is registered to
- Location of the number, in terms of city, state and country
- Social media details of the user
- At times, you can also get hold of their professional details
With all these information, you can easily trace people who have been making spam calls. There are plenty of websites available which offer this service. However, in order to avail their services, you need to pay a registration fee
How can you avoid Spam Calls?
If you are using a mobile, in that case, you will receive spam calls. However, there are ways by which you can avoid them. Here are a couple of tips which you might find to be useful
- If you receive any calls from obscure numbers, make sure you don’t receive them. Even if you do, make sure that you hung up instantly
- Use spam blocking applications if you are using a smart phone. These applications help to automatically block those numbers which make spam calls
- Do not respond to those calls which ask for your personal details
- Never reveal any personal details to any unknown caller, no matter how authentic or genuine he might sound
These are a couple of useful tips that you can follow in order to avoid spam calls. However, as mentioned, you cannot completely avoid them. At times, when you are being bombarded with spam calls over and over again, you can use people search options to trace the owner of the number. Using these services can help you find the one who has been disturbing you all these while.